Things that break my heart a little...

Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 | Posted by Em | Labels: , , ,


I hate it when people mess with the classics. There are some things you just don't touch. Don't get me started on the remastered Star Wars Trilogy and the new song at the end instead of the far superior Ewok jam...grrr. Moving on, I read something yesterday and it greatly disturbed me. The geniuses at Hasbro have decided to update the beloved board game Clue. There is now a spa and a theater in the mansion(I can't tell if they got rid of the conservatory or not), Colonel Mustard is now a football star and they got rid of the lead pipe! Gah! How dare they! They have added (as weapons) a trophy, a baseball bat and an ax. Needless to say, I will be keeping my version circa 1985. This is Emily, in the office, with the Diet Coke...

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Bennett said...
  2. I can't believe they did that to CLUE! Are they now going to make a new movie as well (please say no). So sad. I also hate the new versions of episodes 4 5 and 6. Especially when Jabba the hut is walking and talking with Han. What is that??

  3. Rachel said...
  4. bummer. The lead pipe was my favorite!

  5. elisabeth said...
  6. Hey Emily, its Elisabeth T. send me your email address & I'll add you to my blog invites. I'm private. Love your blog. etheurer@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails