9 to 5: The Musical

Posted: Monday, August 11, 2008 | Posted by Em | Labels: , , , ,


Nine to five, what a way to make a livin' barely gettin' by... If you've never seen the movie 9 to 5, it is an 80s classic. If you've ever had a nightmare boss, you'll enjoy this flick. Plus, it has one of the best theme songs--EVER! Anyway, it's been adapted into a musical and starting in September they are going to premiere it in LA. It stars Megan Hilty, Allison Janney, Stephanie J. Block and Marc Kudisch. That is one killer cast. I'm hoping to make my way down to LA this fall to see it, otherwise I'll have to wait until 2009 to see it on Broadway. Dolly Parton has written the music and lyrics for the production. Dolly doesn't get enough credit for songwriting. She really is stellar. I mean the woman wrote I Will Always Love You! For Dolly's sake, here's hoping it's a smash hit. Go here for more info and fun little video clip.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails