Straight up now tell me...

Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 | Posted by Em |


Today at work we were talking about the first cassette tapes we ever owned. I received Whitney Houston for Christmas in third grade. It was the first. Here's the list:

1. Whitney Houston Whitney Houston-- Greatest Love of All will always hold a special place in my heart (49th Street Galleria? Matt took the high notes.)
2. Paula Abdul Forever Your Girl -- I was sure I knew exactly who "Cold Hearted Snake" was written about.
3. Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation -- "Black Cat", anyone? Still a classic. "Escapade"?
4. Roxette Look Sharp -- Too many good songs on this, but "The Look", "Half a Woman, Half a Shadow" and "Dressed for Success" are still favorites.
5. Martika Toy Soldiers -- ...we all fall down...like toy soldiers.
6. A mixtape by Becca R. -- it had the Cocktail soundtrack, "Hungry Eyes" and "Lose Control" by Eric Carmen, and some Belinda Carlisle, "Circles in the Sand" (I think).

What were the first tapes you owned?

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Bennett said...
  2. My first cassette? Marie Osmond: No stopping your heart. I loved it and listened to it until it became warped! ha ha.

  3. Becky said...
  4. I had Paula Abdul and Roxette. Danny and I also got a Def Lepard tape out of the claw machine thing. We would play it in our silver boom box. It probably wasn't appropriate for young children to be singing "pour some suga on me!". We also had a classic. . ."Mormon Rap". Awwwwww Yeah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails