Psst! Carrots! Carrots!

Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 | Posted by Em |



So we went to see The Drowsy Chaperone tonight. I had seen it previously in NYC with Sutton Foster and the original Man-in-Chair so I didn't think it could get any better. The touring cast was excellent, one of the best I've ever seen, but that wasn't the best part. The best thing ever was that the Man-in-Chair was Jonathan Crombie aka Gilbert Blythe (sigh) . I have loved him since Anne of Green Gables. I mean it's Gilbert freaking Blythe! I was obsessed with Anne of Green Gables when it was on PBS on Sunday nights (circa 1986) so the chance to see him in real life was just too much. Plus, he was absolutely phenomenal as the Man. Now if I can just find where Megan Follows went off to...

3 comments:

  1. dv. said...
  2. Lucky! I've been dying to see Jonathan in this production.

    Totally arrived here randomly, but I just wanted to tell you that Megan Follows is now doing regular theatre. She just finished a one-month run of Marsha Norman's 'Night, Mother and Toronto and she's returning to Toronto at the end of October to be in Top Girls. If you can make the trip . . . :)

    You can find more info at my website:
    http://cursedhyphen.last-dance.org/shedding/

    Cheers from a fellow Anne fan!

  3. Mrs. Bennett said...
  4. I saw Megan Follows on an episode of Law and Order. She killed her son.
    I love Gilbert! That is so awesome that you saw him in real life.

  5. Becky said...
  6. Gilbert!!! I love your blog and I am so excited to see what else you are going to be up to. Love you!
    -Becky

Related Posts with Thumbnails