My Mr. Knightley...

Posted: Monday, June 9, 2008 | Posted by Em |


Why isn't Jeremy Northam a bigger star? I watched the Kate Beckinsale-version of Emma last week and that Mr. Knightley is neither as good nor as hot as Jeremy Northam's Mr. Knightley. He'll always be my Mr. Knightley. 

I got The Tudors from Netflix last week. It's received great reviews and I love historical "fiction" so I thought I would probably enjoy it. It's well acted and staged if not historically accurate. I didn't really buy Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII, he's too small (at least Eric Bana is so smokin' hot as Henry VIII in The Other Bolelyn Girl that I didn't care that they completely deviated from the book).  I digress, the standout performance in the show is Jeremy Northam as Sir Thomas More. He is awesome. Oscars should be lining this man's mantle. I hope he is nominated for and wins an Emmy. I also hope that he finally is catapulted into that upper echelon of stardom that he deserves. He's great in Gosford Park, Happy, Texas, Possession, and of course Emma, if you're looking for a fix. 
FYI - Sam Neill is also stellar in The Tudors as Cardinal Wolsey (just incase Tina-Marie is reading this).

3 comments:

  1. bwlass said...
  2. Lovely article. You can vote for Jeremy to play the role of Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady here...

    http://weblogs.variety.com/thompsononhollywood/2008/06/keira-knightley.html

  3. Em said...
  4. I already voted for him! I love PopWatch at ew.com, it's my favorite. I had a hard time not voting for Colin Firth, though. But I know JN can sing, I'm not sure CF can. Only Mamma Mia will tell.

  5. Alina Gordelli said...
  6. Hello,

    I am glad you like the PopWatch! I see bwlass was here first - she is always the first! :)
    Lovely article indeed and I agree sompletely - he has captured Mr Knightly just right. I am sure Jane Austin would love it!
    And his Sir Thomas More was brilliant. Shall we all work together to promote his nominations for all these awards (even against his own will :) ?

Related Posts with Thumbnails