It's Summer... break out the Big League Chew

Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 | Posted by Em |



I've been feeling nostalgic this summer. I saw Big League Chew at 7-11 the other day. I haven't seen it in years. It reminded me of taking my weekly allowance (all $1 of it) over to Emo buying candy. I would buy small boxes of Lemonheads, Cherry Clan, Jawbreakers, Mr. Melons, Boston Baked Beans, etc. for 11 cents each. I would buy those and Big League Chew and Topps Baseball Cards (I have a Roger Clemens rookie card--boo!) and Garbage Pail Kids. If I had any left over I'd try and buy a sticky hand (you know the ones that came in the little plastic bubble) from the machine. I'm still buying junk today but now it's slightly more sophisticated: lipgloss, magazines and Slurpees.

2 comments:

  1. Becky said...
  2. YOu always manage to perk me up, Em! i knew there was a reason I named my daughter after you (Don't worry, Kimber. You're next.)!

  3. Jules said...
  4. Sweet. I just found your site from Marie's. Why didn't you tell me you blogged? We're coming to Utah tomorrow. Maybe lunch or something with Marie? You bring Chewy (seriously, what ever happened to him?). Glad to see you are still a woman of fashion, fun and fame.

Related Posts with Thumbnails