Promises, Promises

Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 | Posted by Em | Labels: ,

I went and saw Promises, Promises on Broadway last night. It is the musical version of the film The Apartment (with Shirley MacLaine and Jack Lemmon). All the music is Burt Bacharach. Let me just say that it was amazing. Sean Hayes should never do anything but Broadway--he is spectacular. He was absolutely perfect for the role. Broadway newcomer Katie Finneran was hilarious as a boozy flirt--she will be a big star. Notice I haven't even mentioned Kristin Chenoweth yet? She was the third best thing in the musical and she was amazing. I absolutely loved finally seeing her live on Broadway. They are still in previews and are working out a few kinks, but it really is excellent. Tony Goldwyn is a little weak, but not bad. The sets and costumes are so well done and everything feels very authentic to the 60s time period. Sean Hayes has a scene with an Eames chair that is so funny. Two words--Owl coat.

2 comments:

  1. Miss M said...
  2. So, so, so, so, sooooo jealous. But I'm glad it was so good.

  3. Kimber said...
  4. I'm so jealous! I want to go. Glad that you had a good time. Let's talk this week. I'm having a hard time finding reasonable airfare. I can't believe you are missing easter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails