British Television

Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 | Posted by Em | Labels: , , , ,


They have made a Law and Order / UK!!! This show may have been created just for me. It combines three of my most favorite things: Britain, Law and Order and Jamie Bamber (my future husband). I love it! Unfortunately it is only shown in Britain and isn't even available on BBC America. Some lovely soul has decided to put the episodes on You Tube (click here for link). Sadly the UK intro is missing the "chung-chung" that is a LandO standard--it's just wrong! It's got a stellar cast--Jamie Bamber (BSG) and Freema Agyeman (Dr. Who) are the ones I recognize the most. Steele (the British version of Jack McCoy) may be even better than Sam Waterston. Episode four is by far the best, it's even better than the American version of the same episode. It's nice to see Britain adapting American shows for once, we owe them for so many classics: The Office, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol and the recently canceled, Life on Mars.

I learned recently that they are making an American version of Absolutely Fabulous. Even though I love Kirsten Johnston and Kathryn Hahn, I feel that it is wrong to remake AbFab. It's too much of a British classic and it won't translate well, besides no one (no matter how great they are) will ever be able to play Patsy and Eddy as well as Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders. Please don't do this--it's blasphemous!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails