I heart NY

Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 | Posted by Em |


In 80s movies like Working Girl and Baby Boom there's always a montage of smart, successful women strutting down the streets of NYC in their power suits and sneakers. Today that was me. I wore sneakers with my skirt and tights to walk home from work. I looked and felt like a dork but I totally understand why women here wear running shoes with their work clothes--no pair of heels is comfortable after 20 blocks. I'm learning how to be a real New Yorker! (The song that should be playing in your head as you think about those 80s power suit montages is Carly Simon's Let the River Run).

3 comments:

  1. Kimber said...
  2. I'm so glad you are loving being a working girl in NY!

  3. Lori said...
  4. Looking good Em! Oh wait, that's not you.

  5. Jules said...
  6. WHAT?!?!? I swear I read your blog and I didn't know you were MOVING to NYC!!!! We (you, Kirsten and I) need to get together!!!! Kirsten and I went to dinner the other night with the men. Let us know when you can play with some VA girls (though, keep in mind that I am due with a baby in April)!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails